11 May 2010

Donovanagain - again

Caught up in a madness I cannot fully explain, I have become a Friend of Donovan's - in the limited, online meaning of the term - and watched a bit of footage of him performing during some kind of film award thing recently. First he plays Sunshine Superman - but during Mellow Yellow two people came out and joined him, and you know what? I enjoyed it. Mellow Yellow has become a bit like Happy Birthday: everyone knows it and it's fun. People were clapping along, having a good time, and the presence of others onstage made it seem revived, refreshed, especially as those people were just messing around. The Donovan Concert to which I linked in an earlier entry (see below) now only survives as a few images on his website; this three or so minutes of him singing recently is on youtube so maybe it'll last longer. Anyways, here it is. And my new "friend" tells me that he has been celebrating his birthday - so happy mellow yellow birthday, Mr Leitch.




If you want to read the earlier Donovan pieces:

The TRUE story of how I fell out of love with Donovan (this is the main one)
Donovanagain (this is a postscript)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Statcounter